The out-of-school time (OST) sector will authentically engage with parents and caregivers to develop their leadership skills to support their child’s social emotional development and school success.
Authentic parent engagement…
- Centers around the success of the child/youth. Parents/caregivers and OST staff are focused on common goals (support of child’s social emotional skills and school success).
- Recognizes and validates parents’ expertise as child’s first teacher.
- Leaves judgment at the door.
- Understands and honors the culture of all families.
- Requires intentional action oriented related to youth success.